In October 2019, First Capital Realty Inc unveiled the masterplan for an exciting new urban lakefront neighbourhood at 2150 Lake Shore Blvd W, the former Christie Cookie factory site in Toronto. The overall design team is led by Allies and Morrison (London, UK) with an exceptional team including Urban Strategies, GrossMax (Edinburgh), Adamson Associates, BA Group, Hatch, Arup, Tate Economics, ERA Architects and DTAH as local landscape architects.
On May 19, 2020, a Revised Official Plan Amendment, a new Zoning-By-Law Amendment and Draft Plan of Subdivision applications were submitted to the City with revisions and upgrades to the original Master Plan. Highlights of the key changes include:
1. A larger park, which is now twice as large as the original park plan;
2. The potential for two elementary schools. TDSB and TCDSB have expressed interest in incorporating new elementary schools into the master plan;
3. More office space, bringing employment uses into the heart of the site;
4. A better pedestrian experience along Park Lawn and Lake Shore with a new pedestrian-scaled streetwall;
5. Extending Station Square to Park Lawn: improvements have been made to enhance pedestrian connectivity to the GO station and to accommodate bus activity along Park Lawn Road so your transit experience is even better than before.
Join the project team for a Virtual Town Hall on Thursday, May 28 at 5pm online, to learn more about the project. We will be highlighting the key changes above with a presentation, followed by a Question & Answer session.